Düsseldorf’s finest is our latest great discovery. On Saturday we paid a visit to this multi-space market that gathers together some of the most authentic brands, designers and concept stores of the city. The event, originally promoted by the communications agency Kollektiv K, will be open again on the weekend of 10th and 11th June at Stilwerk (Grünstraße 15).
Small retailers selling sustainable clothes and items made out of recycled materials, fashion labels that produce locally and a lot of handcrafted jewellery, accessories and printings. In other words, everything that turns us on! Not to forget the quality food and different music performances.
We were happy to meet some familiar faces we had featured on the blog already, like the people behind Fräulein Bredow and Yooyama. Also, we discovered a lot of new local initiatives that are following high quality standars. Some of our favourites were:
1. Reditum Unique furniture made out of recycled wood. Zero waste.
2. Rikiki Personal graphic designs, hand printing… and a lot of stationery cool stuff.
3. OUVER Coffee Station Original coffee makers. 100% upcycled materials such as old skateboards.
4. Affaire concept store Fashion and beauty products.
5. Babette Beckmann Handmade bags and accessories.
6. Herzbegehrt Home design, accessories and stationery items.
7. Jbriels T-shirts with pockets and animal-inspired motives.
8. Ela concept store Prime quality fashion.
We look forward to telling you more in detail about each of these local businesses. We will definitely visit some of their shops and showrooms in the future.
TEXT & PHOTOS: EVA BLANCO